We’re almost halfway through September, and you know what that means!
…Yes, it means that pumpkin spice is back at Starbucks . But it ALSO means we are just slightly more than a month and a half away from Halloween!
While I am one of those people who gets cranky if I start hearing Christmas music played before Thanksgiving (and it’s not that I don’t like Christmas, it’s that THERE IS A TIME AND A PLACE AND PRE-THANKSGIVING IS NOT THAT TIME), I usually start yearning for Halloween sometime in the middle of summer. This is partly because I’m yearning for fall anyway and it’s a fall holiday, but it’s also because Halloween is the best of all holidays and I will hear no arguments to the contrary.
So by the time I get to mid-September, I can no longer restrain myself. My Halloween playlist gets dusted off and brought back into heavy rotation, I start thinking about costume ideas, and as soon as stores start displaying Halloween-themed products I have an acute attack of wanting to buy EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.
Which brings us to the linkspam portion of this post, which is basically just a list of things I want.
- these tumblers from World Market (SO CUTE)
- vintage Halloween buckets from World Market (vintage and Halloween: two great tastes, etc.)
- felt Halloween stickers from World Market (I am not being paid to shill for World Market I am just HIGHLY SUSCEPTIBLE TO CUTE OWLS AND TINY GHOSTS)
- musical skeleton lights from Target (I am disappointed that the product description doesn’t say what music they play, like is it that generic woo-OOO-ooo Halloween music or something else?)
- raven statue with light-up eyes from Target (never mind Halloween, I would keep this on my desk at work YEAR-ROUND)
- and, finally, this is not something I could buy, but I wish I had the nail painting skills to do something like this.
That is it. FOR NOW. We still have a month and a half to get through and the urge to buy ALL THE HALLOWEEN THINGS will probably only get stronger.